City of Light Service Corps is an AmeriCorps Program that engages members in a self-directed, year-long process of exploring their unique purpose and call to public service, social justice and civic leadership equipping them to Discover Their Light and Ignite it in Others. Members must be at least 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
Responsibilities of Members include:
- Commit to full-time (minimum of 35 hours / week) of service at placement site
- Complete 1700 hours of service within 11 months
- Participate in monthly in-service trainings
- Submit quarterly programmatic reports
- Complete mid-term and end-of-term evaluation
- Skill acquisition
- Confidence & Professional experience
- Living allowance
- Education Award (upon completion of 1700 service hours)
- Health Insurance
- Loan Forbearance
- Vacation & Sick Days
Accepted applicants are asked to remain somewhat flexible, keeping an open mind and heart to serve where they are most needed. However, Service Corps makes every effort to work with each applicant, taking their wishes into account in order to create a positive experience.
Placement opportunities for 2018-19 include:
- Catholic Charities Immigration and Refugee Assistance Program - Immigration Specialist
- Catholic Charities Immigration and Refugee Assistance Program - Medical Case Manager
- Catholic Charities Immigration and Refugee Assistance Program - Resettlement Case Manager
To apply for any of the three above, please visit here.
- Catholic Charities Department of Workforce Development - Resource Development/Economic Empowerment Specialist